Disadvantages of Hostgator Hosting, Why you should not go with Hostgator
Hostgator is one of the best hosting companies that was started at Houston in 2002 and had touched sky by becoming the fastest growing web hosting organization throughout the world and specifically in USA. Hostgator is presently hosting more than 60 million domains on its servers. The organization is providing different types of hosting plans to its valuable customers. The types of hosting offered by Hostgator are reseller hosting, VPS Hosting, dedicated hosting, and shared hosting. You can have a close look to these hosting plans on its official website “www.hostgator.com”.
Best Features of Hostgator
- Quality provider: Hostgator provides all types to hosting plans to its customers. It make use of Dell powered servers and Enterprise processors. It includes unlimited C-panels, sub domains, FTP account, and guarantees 99.9 percent server up time. It also provides 30 days money back assurance.
- Reliability: The servers used by Hostgator are really reliable and offers the clients with 99.9 percent uptime. The server downtime is just negligible.
- Support: The organization is providing 24 x 7 support t its clients through chat, e-mails and phone call. The customer care centre is US based. While using Hostgator hosting, I personally contacted to customer support and was amazed to see the response within 30 seconds.
Drawbacks of Hostgator
Though the organization seems to have satisfied most of the customers through its services, but it lag too much to get the best position in terms of web hosting provider company. Some of the major drawbacks of Hostgator are mentioned below. Just have a close look over them before going for Hostgator hosting.
- No evident pricing: The Hostgator publicize its hosting by fooling the people for the year plan. But actually when it comes to payment it seems out to be a monthly plan. The cost of the plan significantly rises and ultimately either the customer had to leave it or go for it.
- Choking performance: Most of the people are complaining that the web package they had opted starts getting choked as soon as the money back guarantee expires. Even I had witnessed such trouble for a short period of time.
- Lack of Notifications: Sometimes, the accounts of the customers are modified, or removed without any prior notice to them. This affects the business of clients significantly.
- Lack of Knowledge: Some of the customer support executives of Hostgator do not have an adequate knowledge about the products Hostgator is providing.
- Service slowing down: Many customers of Hostgator had complained that the services of the organization are slowing down. There is late reply to support tickets and e-mails of the customers.
- Panel problems: The WHM or C-panel have a little or negligible support for other languages except English.
- Database Errors: Some of the users had reported database errors in shared hosting provided by Hostgator. This leads to non-functionality of sites.
- Broken links: Some clients of Hostgator had also complained that the links embedded in their websites were broken without any reason.
These were some painful complaints from the people using Hostgator hosting. The trueness of some of these complaints can’t be verified. But yes most of the complaints had been registered in the recent years. So, try to go for a great hosting other than Hostgator like BlueHost, BigRock, GoDaddy etc.
If you have anything to say about hostgator, please use the comment box below